1. Cut cake horizontally into four 1/3-inch-thick slices. Cut each into two 2 1/2-inch circles. Brush jam over circles.
2. Place 5 berries on each round.
3. Place phyllo sheets on clean, flat work surface. Cover with damp cloth. Remove one sheet; brush lightly with butter, starting from center, working toward edges, coating completely. Dust with 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar. Cut in half crosswise; stack 2 halves at slight angle. Place cake in center. Divide chocolate into eighths; sprinkle a portion on cake. Fold phyllo up around cake; pinch together at top. Brush top and sides with butter. Place in freezer while assembling 7 more.
4. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease baking sheet. Place pockets on baking sheet.
5. Bake in 400 degree F oven until the phyllo begins to brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven. Dust with remaining confectioners sugar. Serve warm. Makes 8 servings.