Bake this summer dessert recipe when plums and pears appear at your farmers' market. Chopped pecans add extra crunch to the crumbly brown sugar and cinnamon topping.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter shallow 2-quart baking dish.Topping:
2. Combine the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, salt and pecans in a medium-size bowl. With pastry blender, 2 knives held like scissors, or fork, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.Filling:
3. Combine pears, plums, and lemon rind in large bowl. Mix together sugar and cornstarch in small bowl. Add to fruit and toss to mix. Spoon fruit mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with topping mixture.
4. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until fruit is tender. If top browns too quickly, cover with foil.
5. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.