Mother Nature knew what she was doing when she allowed peach and raspberry seasons to coincide. These two fruits combine in so many great desserts, including this cobbler.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Butter 9 x 9 x 2-inch square baking dish or other shallow 2-1/2-quart baking dish.Filling:
2. Mix together peaches, raspberries and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to the berry mixture; toss together to mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Drizzle evenly with the melted butter.Topping:
3. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Stir together melted butter and sour cream in a small bowl. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour the sour cream mixture into well; stir to mix until a dough forms.
4. Roll the dough out on lightly floured surface to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut out pieces with 2-1/2-inch round cookie cutter or other desired shape. Arrange cutouts evenly over fruit. Brush cutouts with milk. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the cutouts are golden brown and the filling is bubbly. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
6. Serve with ice cream if desired. Makes 8 servings.