With an abundance of fresh fruit available in the summer months, it's sometimes hard to decide on just one. With this fruit dessert recipe you don't need to choose. Use both blueberries and peaches in the filling.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together peaches, berries, cornstarch, lemon juice and granulated sugar; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir flour, oats, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Add brown sugar; stir. Add butter and mix in by hand, mashing the butter pieces to form crumbs.
4. Spread peach-blueberry mixture into a 3-quart oval or rectangular baking dish and sprinkle oat mixture on top.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve with whipped cream, if desired.Note:
6. You can use frozen peaches when fresh are not available.