1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and rind in bowl. Cut in butter until fine crumbs. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Stir in milk just until mixture comes together.
2. On floured surface, pat dough into 9 x 6-inch rectangle, 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 6 squares (3 x 3 inches). Place on ungreased baking sheet.
3. Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until golden. Cool. Lower to 350 degrees F. Spread remaining coconut on baking sheet. Bake 2 minutes; stir; bake 2 minutes or until golden.
4. Mix strawberries, blackberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice in bowl. Beat cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in bowl until soft peaks form.
5. Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Assemble shortcakes with berry mixture and whipped cream. Makes 6 shortcakes.