Serve these individual cobblers with a multi-berry filling warm from the oven and topped with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.Berry Filling:
2. Mix together the berries, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and tapioca in large bowl until well combined. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon a scant 1 cup of the mixture into each of six 1-cup ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
3. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly.Biscuit Topping:
4. Stir together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl. Cut in the butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk until the dough comes together (the dough will be sticky).
5. Remove the baking sheet with the ramekins from the oven. Gently stir the filling in each ramekin. Drop a scant 1/4 cup of dough over the filling in each ramekin. Brush the dough with the egg white; sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
6. Return the baking sheet with the ramekins to 375 degree F oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuit topping is golden. Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Serve the cobblers ramekins warm. Top with whipped cream, if desired. Makes 6 servings.