Servings: 12 Yield: 4 Cups (12 Servings) Prep 10 mins Cook 10 mins
- 4 1/2-pint Mason jars
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light-brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup creme de menthe
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat cream in a heavy-bottomed medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat until bubbles form along edge. Lower heat to medium-low and stir in sugars, cocoa powder, butter, chocolate and salt.
2. Continue to heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for about 10 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the creme de menthe and vanilla. Allow to cool. Pour into jars. Store in airtight jars in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. To serve, reheat gently. Makes 4 cups (12 servings).
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 339, Fat, total (g): 20, chol. (mg): 51, sat. fat (g): 12, carb. (g): 40, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 75, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.