Yield: about 2-3/4 cups sauce Start to Finish 20 mins
- 2 cups maple syrup
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups shelled walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, bring the maple syrup to boiling over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low; simmer until the syrup registers 220 degrees F on a candy thermometer, about 5 minutes.
2. Stir cornstarch mixture into syrup; boil for 1 minute. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in rum and walnuts. Let mixture cool completely.
3. Spoon into airtight jar. Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 75, Fat, total (g): 4, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 11, fiber (g): , pro. (g): 1, sodium (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.