1. Pulse together raspberries and sugar in food processor until raspberries are pureed to create a sauce. Scrape into fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Using a rubber spatula, force puree through sieve to remove seeds; discard seeds.
2. Slice down side of one mango, alongside the pit, removing one whole side of mango. Repeat with other fleshy side of mango. Discard pit. Repeat with other 2 mangoes.
3. Prepare grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-high, or see Stovetop Method, below.
4. In a small bowl, stir together peach preserves, vinegar, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves. Brush small amount over cut sides of mangoes.
5. Place mango halves, skin side down, on grill. Cover grill. Grill 6 minutes. Flip mangoes halves over; grill, cut side down, 3 minutes. Flip over one more time; brush with any remaining preserves mixture; grill another 3 minutes.
6. To serve, place a mango boat on each of 6 dessert plates. Top each with 1/2-cup scoop of the vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with a little raspberry sauce. Serve immediately.