1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.Prepare Crust:
2. Combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar in small bowl until blended. Press crumb mixture over bottom of 10-inch pie plate.
3. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 6 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.Prepare the Filling:
4. Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl (see below); let stand until the gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks and sugar in medum-size saucepan until well blended. Gradually mix in lime juice, lime rind and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon well; do not let boil or mixture will curdle. Remove from heat.
6. Stir softened gelatin mixture into the egg mixture until dissolved. Set aside to cool until slightly thickened.
7. Beat together the meringue powder and water In a medium-size bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold cooled egg yolk mixture into meringue mixture until just blended.
8. Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the meringue mixture gently into the whipped cream mixture until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Garnish if desired. Makes 10 servings.