Yield: 6 parfaits Prep 15 mins Cook 25 mins
- 1 small lemon
- 1 quart strawberries (5-1/2 cups) hulled, halved (quarter large ones)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream
- 6 strawberries (optional garnish)
1. Remove, discard peel and pith from lemon. Discard seeds; chop lemon. Combine lemon, berries, sugar, ginger, pepper in saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat slightly; cook at slow boil, uncovered, 25 minutes, until syrupy. Let cool (about 1-1/2 cups jam). In 6 parfait glasses, layer:
2. 1 tablespoon jam, 1/4 cup ice cream, 2 tablespoons jam, 1/4 cup ice cream, 1 tablespoon jam. Place in freezer until serving, or up to 1 day. Garnish.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 238, Fat, total (g): 8, chol. (mg): 29, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 54, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.