Servings: 12 Prep 25 mins Bake 400°F 20 mins
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2 tablespoons coarse or granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 baking apples, cored, halved and thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine egg and the water; set aside. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry into a 12-inch square. Using a pizza cutter, cut a 1/2-inch strip from each of the four sides of the square. Brush edges of pastry square with egg wash. Transfer pastry to prepared baking sheet. Attach a pastry strip to each side of square to form an edge; brush again with egg mixture. Prick pastry with a fork.
2. In a small bowl, stir together sugar and ginger. Arrange apple slices over pastry, overlapping as necessary. Sprinkle with sugar mixture.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pastry is deep golden brown and crisp. Cool on baking sheet on a wire rack. Transfer to a cutting board or platter.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 120, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 18, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 14, Monounsaturated fat (g): , Polyunsaturated fat (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 6, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 49, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 4, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 83, Potassium (mg): 28, calcium (mg): , iron (mg): , Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.