1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In small saucepan, heat brandy. Add raisins; let stand to plump, about 10 minutes.
2. For filling, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, rind and raisins with accumulated liquid in large bowl.
3. Unroll phyllo on work surface; cover with damp towel. Lay out 1 sheet. Brush lightly with butter. Place another sheet on top; brush with butter. Repeat 8 more times, brushing each layer with butter.
4. Spoon filling along a long side of phyllo, 3 inches in from edge, leaving 1 inch at either end. Fold both short sides over filling. Fold 3-inch-wide-long strip over filling; roll up, jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, on ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Make 6 slits in top. Brush with butter.
5. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 35 to 40 minutes, until nicely browned. Let cool on rack. Dust with confectioners sugar.