1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together whole eggs, egg yolks, half-and-half, sugar and vanilla.
3. Slice croissants in half horizontally. In 15 x 10 x 2-1/2-inch oval baking dish, arrange bottoms of sliced croissants, cut sides up. Scatter raisins over top. Cover with croissant tops, cut sides down. Make sure raisins are completely covered by croissants or they will burn while baking. Pour egg mixture over croissants. Let stand 10 minutes, pressing croissants down gently.
4. Place baking dish in larger pan filled with an inch of hot water. Cover larger pan with foil, tenting foil so it doesnt touch pudding. Cut a few holes in foil for steam vents.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes. Uncover. Bake another 30 to 45 more minutes or until pudding puffs and custard is set. Remove baking dish from water bath and let cool slightly. Serve warm or at room temperature.