This cream cheese dessert takes a tropical turn with coconut extract. Serve the ultra creamy hearts in a pool of pineapple-rum sauce topped with a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
1. Line 8 x 8 x 2-inch-square baking dish with plastic wrap, with wrap extending over two opposite sides.
2. In medium-size bowl, beat together cream cheese and coconut extract until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. In second medium-size bowl, beat heavy cream and confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold one-quarter of the whipped cream into cheese mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream mixture. Spread evenly with rubber spatula into prepared baking dish. Refrigerate 24 hours.Pineapple Sauce:
4. In small bowl, whisk together rum and cornstarch until cornstarch is dissolved.
5. In small saucepan, heat together pineapple juice and granulated sugar to a boil. Whisk in cornstarch mixture; cook, whisking, until thickened, about 1 minute. Transfer to small bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate sauce until ready to use.
6. Holding plastic wrap hanging over edge of dish, gently lift up cream cheese mixture from baking dish and place on a work surface. With cheese mixture on the plastic wrap, and using a 2-3/4-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 6 heart shapes from cheese mixture.
7. To serve the dessert, spoon the pineapple sauce onto the middle of 6 dessert plates, dividing the sauce equally. Top each pool of sauce with a cheese heart. Garnish the top of each with a sprinkling of toasted coconut, dividing equally.