Servings: 6 Prep 5 mins Cook 23 mins Chill 2 hrs
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup sweetened dried cranberries OR: sweetened dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In saucepan, bring water to boiling. Add rice and salt. Simmer, covered, until all water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk until smooth.
3. Stir cornstarch mixture and cranberries into cooked rice. Boil, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until thickened, 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Spoon 2/3 cup pudding into each of 6 wineglasses. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, until thoroughly chilled, about 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 186, Fat, total (g): 1, chol. (mg): 2, sat. fat (g): , carb. (g): 41, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 141, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.