1. Heat oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick aluminum foil. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, trace 8 circles onto foil, leaving space between circles.Meringues:
2. With an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Slowly add sugar, and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
3. Spread 1/3 cup meringue onto each circle, spreading smooth. Transfer remaining meringue to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 10 to 12 kisses onto foil.
4. Bake meringues in 225 degrees F oven for 2 hours or until dry. Turn oven off; let meringues cool in oven 30 minutes.
5. Remove meringues from oven; let cool completely. Remove from foil.Cherry Mousse:
6. Meanwhile, pour 3/4 cup of half-and-half into medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over top; let stand 5 minutes. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir to dissolve gelatin. Add ice cubes; stir until mixture is thickened and most of ice cubes have melted. Strain.
7. Pour remaining 3/4 cup half-and-half into a clean bowl. Sprinkle whipped topping mix over top. With an electric mixer, beat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat in gelatin mixture, cherry liqueur and food coloring. Beat on high speed until thickened, about 4 minutes. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Fold in halved cherries. Refrigerate until serving.
8. Spoon 3/4 cup cherry mousse onto each round. Top with meringue kiss.