Servings: 8 Prep 5 mins Bake 400°F 30 mins
- 2 cans (1 pound 5 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, in pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Light cream or half-and-half
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Spread pie filling over bottom of shallow 3-quart baking dish.
3. Sift flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Using pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until crumbly. Stir in milk until stiff dough forms. Drop by tablespoons onto pie filling in baking dish. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and the 2 tablespoons sugar.
4. Bake in 400 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 388, Fat, total (g): 10, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 73, fiber (g): 2, pro. (g): 5, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.