1. Heat oven to 300 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
2. Place sugar in large bowl.
3. Beat egg lightly in medium-size bowl. Stir in vanilla and salt. Add almonds, tossing until coated with egg mixture.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the almonds to sugar in bowl; toss well to coat almonds evenly. Remove coated almonds to the prepared baking sheet, spacing the almonds 1/2 inch apart.
5. Bake in 300 degrees F oven 20 to 25 minutes or until almonds are golden. Cool almonds completely on baking sheet. Store in airtight containers for up to 1 month.