This old-fashioned blueberry recipe is a summer tradition for many. The blueberries are layered with a biscuit-like dough and the whole dessert is sprinkled with a brown sugar-cinnamon topping.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour 9-inch tube pan with a removable bottom.Topping:
2. Mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly.Cake:
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
4. Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Add sugar; beat until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
5. Spread half the batter in prepared pan. Cover with berries. Drop in remaining batter by tablespoons. Cover with topping.
6. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 55 to 60 minutes, until deep golden brown. Remove pan to wire rack to cool slightly. Remove side. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.