Servings: 12 Prep 10 mins Bake 350°F 22 mins to 25 mins
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 medium-size bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 lime, zest removed and juiced (about 1 tablespoon zest and 1 tablespoon juice)
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, quartered
- Confectioners sugar, for dusting
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
3. In medium-size bowl, whisk together bananas, sugar, butter, milk, rum, lime juice and zest until blended. Make a well in flour mixture; add liquid. Stir until ingredients are just moistened. Stir in cherries.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups (scant 1/2 cup each). Bake at 350 degrees F for 22 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove pan to rack to cool for 5 minutes. Release muffins from pan; remove directly to rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 241, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 16, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 3, sodium (mg): 259, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.