Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 375°F 30 mins to 40 mins
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons lightly salted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup ginger crisps, crushed to crumbs in blender or food processor
- 3 tablespoons light-brown sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds McIntosh and Golden Delicious apples, mixed, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Topping:
2. Combine flour, butter, crumbs and sugar in medium-size bowl; break up mixture with hands until finely crumbled. Stir in walnuts. Filling:
3. Combine apples, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in large bowl. Spoon into 8 x 8 x 2-inch-square baking pan. Sprinkle with topping.
4. Bake in 375 degrees F oven 30 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and fruit is tender. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 305, Fat, total (g): 15, chol. (mg): 19, carb. (g): 41, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 63, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.