Servings: 8 Prep 15 mins Bake 400°F 35 mins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 cups sliced, cored, peeled apples (about 2-1/2 pounds, about 7 apples)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Heavy cream (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter shallow 2-1/2-quart baking dish. Dough:
2. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. With pastry blender, cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Add water, stirring just to moisten. Filling:
3. Mix apples and lemon juice in large bowl. Sprinkle with flour and cinnamon; toss. Transfer to saucepan. Add maple syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon into prepared baking pan. Dot with butter.
4. Drop dough in rounded tablespoons over hot filling. Sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake in 400 degrees F oven 35 minutes, until topping is golden brown. If browns too quickly, cover with foil.
6. Serve warm with cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 8; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 310, Fat, total (g): 14, chol. (mg): 35, sat. fat (g): 8, carb. (g): 47, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 2, sodium (mg): 119, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.