Servings: 12 Yield: 10 cups Prep 20 mins Stand 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large red sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated (about 1/2 cup each)
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked whole wheat couscous (about 15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews, chopped
1. Heat canola oil in a 4-quart pot over medium-high heat. Add sweet pepper and white parts of green onions and cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Stir in curry powder and salt and cook and stir for 15 to 30 seconds until fragrant. Add broth; bring to boiling. Stir in couscous and raisins. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in orange juice, cashews, and green parts of green onions.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 12; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 250, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): , sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 43, Monounsaturated fat (g): 4, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 6, sugar (g): 8, pro. (g): 7, vit. A (IU): 680, vit. C (mg): 29, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 32, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 180, Potassium (mg): 212, calcium (mg): 40, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.