Yield: 24 cupcakes Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 23 mins
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bottle (1 ounce) red food coloring
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) Neufchatel (reduced-fat cream cheese), softened
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 box (16 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 standard-size muffin pans with 24 cupcake liners. Cupcakes
2. In bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In second bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium-high until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Beat in eggs, one at a time. On low speed, beat in flour mixture and food coloring, alternating with milk. Spoon into cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 full.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers of cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Frosting
4. Beat Neufchatel and butter until smooth. On low, beat in confectioners' sugar, then vanilla. Spread or pipe onto cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 287, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 49, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 44, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 130, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.