1. Prepare and frost cupcakes.
2. To decorate, begin by flattening gumdrops into circles with a rolling pin. Form into a flower shape. Try one of these four varieties:Coiled Rose:
3. Cut out a tiny wedge from a gumdrop center; discard. Twist one edge of break in circle over the other.Ruffled Edges:
4. Cut many slits in a gumdrop almost to the center; feather edges toward center.Dogwood Blossoms:
5. Cut four slits in a gumdrop and crumple "petals" inward.Four-Cornered Posy:
6. Pinch edges of gumdrop in four places to create four corners.For flower centers:
7. Cut candy-coated licorice pieces in half; attach to centers of flowers with frosting.For leaves:
8. Cut off four thin edges from green gumdrop circles; twist slightly and attach to flowers with frosting.