Servings: 24 Yield: 24 cupcakes Prep 20 mins Bake 350°F 27 mins
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark-brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and grated on medium holes of box grater (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Make It Cupcakes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in 24 indents of muffin pans; set aside.
2. In large bowl, stir together butter, sugars and eggs until well blended. Stir in flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, carrots and raisins.
3. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake liner. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 27 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan on rack for 5 minutes, then remove and cool completely on rack. Frosting
4. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar together on medium-high until blended. Add cream cheese and vanilla and beat on medium-high until no lumps remain. Divide frosting among cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 24; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 299, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 76, sat. fat (g): 10, carb. (g): 37, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 175, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.