1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cups in standard-size muffin pan with paper liners.
2. Mix flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
3. Beat apple butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, sour cream and eggs in large bowl on low speed just until combined. On low speed, gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended and smooth.
4. Fill liners about half full.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven 25 to 30 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes to wire racks to cool completely.Frosting:
6. Heat caramels and cream in heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently, until melted. Cool about 5 minutes.
7. Working carefully and quickly, while mixture is still warm and fluid, spread top of each cupcake with about 2 level teaspoons of caramel; mixture will be sticky. If mixture gets too stiff, reheat just until fluid enough to spread. But if mixture is too warm, it will not stick to cupcake. Insert candy stick into center of each cupcake.