Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Slow Cook 1 hr 30 mins on HIGH
- Unsalted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups chopped well-drained cooked broccoli or other vegetables
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or basil
- 1 cup grated Gruyere, Emmentaler, Gouda or cheddar cheese (or a mixture)
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Generously butter a large slow cooker.
2. Beat eggs together with flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper to taste. Whisk in half-and-half and milk. Stir in broccoli, herbs, Gruyere and 1/2 cup of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
3. Pour mixture into slow cooker. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano over top. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours or until quiche is just set in the center. Run a knife around edge of quiche, cut into wedges and serve hot.