Servings: 4 Prep 10 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1/2 slice sourdough bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 slices bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin live oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher slat plus a pinch, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 4 ounces boneless cod fillets
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a food processor, combine bread, bacon, 1 teaspoon oil, paprika, pinch of salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Cover and pulse until evenly moistened and bread resembles coarse crumbs.
2. Sprinkle cod with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Divide the crumb mixture evenly over fish, press gently to adhere. In a large oven-safe skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add cod, skin side down. Immediately transfer skillet to oven. Bake until fish is cooked through and the crumb mixture is brown, 8 to 14 minutes.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 154, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 53, sat. fat (g): 1, carb. (g): 2, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): , sugar (g): , pro. (g): 22, vit. A (IU): 116, vit. C (mg): 1, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 3, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 13, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): 1, sodium (mg): 269, Potassium (mg): 500, calcium (mg): 21, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.