Servings: 4 Yield: servings Prep 20 mins Cook 12 mins
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (8 oz) chopped water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 head Boston lettuce, separated into 16 leaves
- 1/2 cup crispy rice noodles (such as La Choy)
- Duck sauce (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry for 6 minutes; remove to a plate.
2. Add mushrooms, sweet red pepper, scallions, garlic, five-spice powder and red pepper flakes. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until mushrooms and peppers are tender. Stir in water chestnuts, broth, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Bring to a simmer; add chicken and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. To serve, spoon chicken mixture into lettuce leaves and sprinkle with some rice noodles. If desired, serve with duck sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 374, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 110, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 30, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 30, sodium (mg): 769, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.