- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 3 jalapeno-flavored fully cooked chicken sausages from a 12-ounce package (such as Aidells), sliced into 1/2-inch-thick coins
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound raw, cleaned and deveined large shrimp
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
1. Coat slow cooker bowl with nonstick cooking spray. Place onion, green pepper, celery, carrots, garlic, tomatoes, broth and Creole seasoning in bowl; stir to combine. Mix in sausage and corn.
2. Cover and cook on HIGH for 6 hours or LOW for 8 hours. Stir in tomato paste and shrimp; cook until shrimp is just cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Serve over cooked brown rice.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 345, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 173, sat. fat (g): 2, carb. (g): 42, fiber (g): 5, pro. (g): 28, sodium (mg): 800, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.