- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon, crisp cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup lowfat or light buttermilk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly shaved Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until just crisp tender. Drain and quickly transfer the beans to a large bowl of ice water. Once cool, drain and pat dry.
2. In a large serving bowl, combine green beans, corn, red onion, and bacon.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir in grated Parmesan cheese. Toss in the dressing and top with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 4; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 267, Fat, total (g): 11, chol. (mg): 19, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 33, Monounsaturated fat (g): 3, Polyunsaturated fat (g): 1, Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 5, sugar (g): 10, pro. (g): 13, vit. A (IU): 1053, vit. C (mg): 24, Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): 2, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 75, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 653, Potassium (mg): 494, calcium (mg): 213, iron (mg): 2, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.