Prep 20 mins Cook 12 mins
- 2 pounds kale, tough stems discarded, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely diced shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add chopped kale. Return to a boil and cook 2 minutes. Drain and press out most of the liquid.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and saute 3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk. Bring to a low simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until thickened. Stir in salt, nutmeg and pepper. Fold in kale until well coated with sauce.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 122, Fat, total (g): 7, chol. (mg): 17, sat. fat (g): 4, carb. (g): 13, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 267, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.