Servings: 6 Prep 20 mins Cook 10 mins
- 1 3/4 cups pearl couscous
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast
- 1 pkg (10.5 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, cubed
1. In a medium pot, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add couscous, cover and cook 10 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Meanwhile, make pesto. In a blender or food processor, combine basil, pine nuts, garlic and lemon juice. Process, slowly streaming in oil until smooth. Remove to a large bowl and stir in Parmesan and 1/4 tsp of the salt.
3. Mix couscous, chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella and remaining 1/2 tsp salt into pesto. Stir well to combine.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 6; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 500, Fat, total (g): 22, chol. (mg): 95, sat. fat (g): 5, carb. (g): 36, fiber (g): 3, pro. (g): 39, sodium (mg): 520, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.