1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist two baking sheets with canola oil spray.
2. In a bowl, mix flour, wheat germ, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large, nonstick saucepan, heat molasses just to boiling. Remove from heat. Add light brown sugar; stir until dissolved. Stir in canned pumpkin.
4. Mix the dry and liquid ingredients together.Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Using the bottom of a large drinking glass dipped in warm water, press dough until flat and round. Bake about 8 minutes until firm. Remove from sheets and cool on wire racks.To frost with cream cheese icing:
5. With an electric mixer, beat light cream cheese and vanilla extract until fluffy. Alternately and in small quantities, add confectioner's sugar and low-fat milk, beating after each addition until icing reaches spreading consistency. Add food dyes according to package directions to get Halloween colors.