Servings: 15 Yield: Makes about 15 cookies. Prep 10 mins Bake 375°F 12 mins
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon very hot water
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) chopped walnuts or pecans
- 6 ounces premier white-chocolate baking bars, coarsely chopped (1 cup)
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Stir together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda in a bowl.
3. Beat together butter, sugar, vanilla and salt in medium-size bowl until blended, about 1 minute. Add egg; beat 1 minute.
4. Dissolve espresso powder in very hot water in small cup; stir into butter mixture. Stir in flour mixture. Stir in nuts and white chocolate.
5. Using 2 rounded tablespoons dough per cookie, place dough balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
6. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until edges are golden and centers are set. Cool on baking sheets on wire rack 2 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature. Makes about 15 cookies.
Nutrition Facts Servings Per Recipe: 15; Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 258, Fat, total (g): 16, chol. (mg): 33, sat. fat (g): 7, carb. (g): 27, fiber (g): 1, pro. (g): 4, sodium (mg): 103, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.