1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease baking sheet.
2. Beat together butter and sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in the vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium-size bowl; toss with fork. Add to butter mixture along with hazelnuts and chocolate chips; mix well.
4. Divide dough in half. Place half on prepared baking sheet. Pat into a 12 x 2-inch loaf. Repeat with second half, placing on baking sheet 2 inches from first.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven until lightly browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool logs 10 minutes. Place on cutting board.
6. Cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool. Store at room temperature in tightly covered container. Makes 3 to 4 dozen.