1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with greased parchment paper.
2. Finely chop walnut pieces and almonds in food processor.
3. Beat egg and sugar in bowl until fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Add baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, rind and juice. Stir in chopped nuts.
4. Drop level measuring teaspoons of batter onto prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Place a walnut half on top of each kiss.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until semisoft.Meanwhile, prepare Rum Glaze:
6. Stir the rum into sugar in small cup until smooth and creamy; if too thick, add water, drop by drop, for proper glazing consistency.
7. Let cookies cool slightly on baking sheet. Brush with glaze. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to cool. Makes 5 dozen kisses.