1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
2. Beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in clean bowl until blended. Stir in flour mixture. Gather into ball. Wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat baking sheets with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
4. Roll out dough with lightly floured rolling pin on lightly floured surface to 3/8-inch thickness. Cut into cookies with 2-1/2-inch cookie cutters in holiday shapes. Place cookies on prepared sheets, spacing 1-1/2 inches apart. Decorate with colored sprinkles, sugars, jimmies and gum drops, if desired.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned around the edges. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.