Makes: 4 dozen cookies. Prep: 15 minutes. Bake: at 375 degrees for 9 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In another large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla and eggs. Melt chocolate, let cool slightly, then beat into mixture.
3. On low speed, beat in the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in the coffee. Fold in the candies and nuts.
4. Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 minutes or until set. Cool slightly on baking sheet. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.