1. Heat oven to 325 degree F.
2. Mix flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and cloves in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy, 1 minute. Gradually beat in sugar; continue to beat on medium speed until combined, 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each. Beat in molasses and vinegar until combined, 1 minute.
5. On low speed, beat in flour mixture.
6. For each cookie, roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball; place, 2 inches apart, on ungreased baking sheet. With fork, flatten each and make crosshatch pattern.
7. Bake at 325 degree F for 15 to 16 minutes, until slightly browned around edges. Remove cookies to rack to cool.