A double dose of chocolate set these cookies apart on your holiday platter. Drizzle white icing for added sweetness and appeal.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. In bowl, mix flour, cocoa and salt.
2. In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter and egg until creamy. Stir in flour mixture. Shape dough into 36 balls of 2 teaspoons each. Place balls 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Make indent in center of each with thumb.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F for 14 minutes, until set. Cool on wire racks.
4. In bowl, stir 1 cup of the confectioners' sugar with 3-1/2 teaspoons water. Transfer to a plastic bag and snip a small corner from bag. Drizzle icing over cooled cookies; let dry.
5. Beat remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in chocolate. Transfer to a plastic bag. Snip off corner of bag; fill centers of cookies.