1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
3. Mix baking powder and flour in bowl. On low speed, gradually beat flour mixture into butter mixture until combined. Add milk; beat until dough masses around beaters, 2 minutes.
4. Divide dough into thirds. Lightly flour a clean work surface. Roll out each third of dough to 1/3-inch thickness. Cut into shapes, using Halloween cookie cutters. Place cookies on ungreased baking sheet, spacing 1 inch apart.
5. Bake in 400 degrees oven 10 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly touched. Let cool on baking sheet 3 minutes. Transfer to rack to cool completely. Makes 4 dozen 3-inch cookies.