1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in small bowl.
3. Beat butter, brown sugar in bowl until smooth and creamy. Beat in molasses and egg. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
4. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes, until soft-firm to touch. Transfer sheet to rack for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove cookies to racks. Sprinkle with sugar. Cool completely.
6. If not serving right after baking, freeze in layers, separated by waxed paper, in sealed plastic container. To serve, bring to room temperature. Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookies.