1. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and molasses on medium speed until blended. Beat in egg until blended, scraping down side of bowl.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, ground ginger, cinnamon and white pepper into clean bowl. Add to butter mixture; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in crystallized ginger. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place confectioners sugar in small bowl. Dust hands lightly with flour. Roll pieces of dough into 1-inch balls, using about 2 teaspoons per ball. Roll dough in confectioners sugar to completely coat. Transfer to prepared baking sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 12 minutes or until cookies have expanded and flattened; the tops will be covered with cracks. Let cookies cool on baking sheets on wire rack 2 minutes. Transfer cookies directly to racks; let cool completely. Cookies can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.