1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add chocolate, ginger, cinnamon and pepper. Remove from heat; stir until chocolate is melted.
3. Stir in sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. Stir in flour and mix well.
4. Pour batter into 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly-roll pan. Tilt pan back and forth, allowing batter to flow into thin, even layer across bottom of pan. Use spatula to spread if necessary. Scatter nuts evenly over the top.
5. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until cake is just set. Remove to wire rack to cool for 20 minutes.
6. Cut or break into 24 rough-shaped pieces as you would a nut brittle. Use spatula if necessary to remove from pan. Makes 24 pieces.