Makes: 4 dozen cookies. Prep: 15 minutes. Refrigerate: 30 minutes. Bake: at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Beat in eggs and extracts. Beat in dry ingredients on low until just combined.
4. Place dough in a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe stars, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets. Place a glace cherry half on top of each. Refrigerate baking sheets for 30 minutes.
5. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes, until edges just start to brown.
6. Remove cookies from baking sheets to wire racks and let cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.