1. Spread pecans on well-greased baking sheet. In small skillet, combine sugar and water; cook over high heat, without stirring, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Pour over nuts; let praline cool completely, 5 minutes.
2. Break praline into large pieces; place in food processor. Process until coarse meal.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter 2 baking sheets.
4. In medium-size bowl, beat together on medium speed butter and brown sugar until creamy and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger and praline meal; mix well. For each cookie, place heaping tablespoon on prepared baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart.
5. Bake in 350 degree F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack; let cool. Store airtight for up to 1 week. Makes about 3 dozen cookies.