Yield: about 24 cookies Prep 25 mins Bake 350°F 8 mins to 10 mins per batch
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chunks (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, patted dry
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugars. Cream together until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low until well-combined. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and beat until just combined. Fold in chocolate until evenly distributed, then very gently fold in pomegranate seeds.
3. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until light brown (centers may not appear set). Remove and let cookies stand 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove and cool on wire racks.
4. Store in an airtight container with waxed paper between layers in the refrigerator up to 3 days or in the freezer. Makes about 24 cookies.
Nutrition Facts Amount Per Serving: cal. (kcal): 114, Fat, total (g): 6, chol. (mg): 20, sat. fat (g): 3, carb. (g): 15, Monounsaturated fat (g): 1, Polyunsaturated fat (g): , Trans fatty acid (g): , fiber (g): 1, sugar (g): 9, pro. (g): 1, vit. A (IU): 146, vit. C (mg): , Thiamin (mg): , Riboflavin (mg): , Niacin (mg): , Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg): , Folate (µg): 12, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg): , sodium (mg): 55, Potassium (mg): 20, calcium (mg): 10, iron (mg): 1, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.